Friday, July 22, 2011

Quote. DA Carson

I am going to try to share favorite quotes from the large amount of reading I am sure Jeff Purswell will be assigning us.

One of our summer books was DA Carson The Cross and Christian Ministry.  Discussing 1 Cor. 3:1-4 and spiritual immaturity, DA tells about how his son as an infant would often "projectile vomit" his formula in the middle of the night.  DA then had this great application:


But there are Christians today who are International-class projectile vomiters, spiritually speaking, after years and years of life.  They simply cannot digest what Paul calls "solid food."  You must give them milk...and if you try to give them anything other than milk, they upchuck and make a mess of everyone and everything around them.  (Pg. 72)


Thanks DA for using projectile vomit and upchuck in the same paragraph!  I only hope I can have as vivid applications and illustrations in my future sermons.

It does cause me to ponder this:  where in my walk with God am I still drinking spiritual milk.  Or better, where am I projectile vomiting over everyone?


Soli Deo Gloria,

RFB

No comments:

Post a Comment