Friday, September 2, 2011

Week One: DONE

Well, our class of 23 men from 5 different countries bringing 65 kids along to Maryland has finished week one.

It was a wonderful slow start orientation week of getting to know one another and the staff of SG and Covenant Life Church.

Mostly we had the opportunity to get to know each other better.  I am truly looking forward to ten months of learning from these men.  As Gary R says "the greatest resource you have is each other." That is going to be so true.

Some highlights:

  • Lunches with SG and CLC staff
  • Meeting many SG staff that I have "known" but never met
  • The "Athletic Assessment" with the PC men
  • Getting a taste of learning from Jeff Purswell
  • Having one PC family over for dinner this week, our goal is to have each family over at least once this year
And for those that know me best, part of my assigned reading for the weekend?  Grudem and Calvin.  Pinch me, I get to focus for 10 months on learning how to continually watch my life and doctrine closely.

Finally, for those of you who have supported us in so many ways, thanks you so much for making this possible for our family.  The thanks to each of you can never be said enough.

Soli Deo Gloria,

RFB

No comments:

Post a Comment