Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reflections...

We have just returned to Maryland from a wonderful Christmas break back home in Minnesota.  As we start the final 22 week run of PC, I been reflection on what God has taught me over the last number of months.


Before coming out to PC, there was one theme that was constant in our preparations:  God is Faithful.  He may not do things my way, but He always is faithful to work all things out for my good and His glory.


While at home, the theme for my time at PC so far was obvious as I heard myself answering the question "so what have you learned at PC?" the saway every time without a second thought.
What I have learned at PC has nothing (in a way) to do with PC.  I learned this:  I love my local church and my pastors.  I took them for granted, and I (by God's grace) hope to never do that again.
As I have been to other good local churches and interacted with my classmates and heard about their local churches, I have come to realize that God has truly provided Oasis Church with a gifted team of under shepherds. 

We have pastors that faithfully week in and week out preach the Word of God to us and apply it to their lives.  We have pastors that truly love their flock and sacrificially care for their flock.  We have pastors who live life out with the flock, are humble and quick to repent of their sin.  We have men that daily display through all their trials, failings and victories, what it means to live a life worthy of the Gospel.

I am grateful today for my local church and my pastors that care for my soul.  I thank God for providing them for His church.  I have much to learn from them.

If you have a faithful pastor, let them know how much you appreciate God's grace in their life and ministry, give them an encouraging word and a hug this Sunday.  And if you are at Oasis, give them a hug for me too.

Gratefully,

RFB
 

No comments:

Post a Comment