Saturday, March 3, 2012

Appalachian Trail (AT)

I have always wanted to hike on the AT since I was a Cub Scout in second grade.  Last week I had the first opportunity in my life.  I was so excited that I was able to share it with Becky and the girls.
We went to Harper's Ferry, WV where the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers meet.  We started in town and hiked the trail to historic Harper's Ferry and across and then along the Potomac river.  Here is some pics:



Starting our hike


Church in Harper's Ferry


3 States.  In WV.  MD to Hope's right, VA to Gracie's left


Lunch in a boxcar


Shenandoah River with VA on the other bank.  Potomac to our left.


Ruins of a church from the 1700's



Walked across the Potomac from WV to MD on this bridge



MD side with the old canal behind us


Resting on the AT



Hiking the AT





Looking forward to going for an overnight backpack on the AT with Hope and Gracie this spring!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite things I have done so far. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to do stuff like this with us.

    ReplyDelete